Want to become a better speaker? Then you have to start with good speaking.
Imagine if, on the first day of culinary school, the instructor says, “For your first assignment, please go and cook good food!”
How stupid would that be?
Instead, you spend the first part of your education mastering other people’s classic recipes. In doing this, you learn the patterns of great cooking. You understand the texture of greatness.
We learn music the same way. Copying other people’s great work.
But after a while, you start to make your own creations. Stealing what you like from others and combining it together.
And then voilà...now you have your own style.
We can learn how to speak in the exact same way.
This process is called imitation. This is how you learn to speak your mother tongue.
But for some reason, this method of learning has gone away.
That's stupid. Why? Because it's the best and quickest way to learn how to speak like a native speaker.
So, this 10-day course will teach you how to speak like world-class leaders. Speeches, presentations, whatever.
The goal is to teach you how to communicate flawless English like a native speaker. Simple.
You'll get 1 email a day (only on weekdays starting February 12th).
- Read, watch and absorb. Read the email, which teaches a speaking lesson. Then, read the attached PDF - this is the speech you'll imitate. Read my commentary in the margins. We'll point out what makes it great. We will also include a recording of our commentary.
- Imitate the speech. Give the speech in your own words and record it using our recorder. And send it to us.
- Do not miss a day. This can potentially change your life. Skip one day, and you’ll likely skip the rest. Don’t screw yourself. Same time every day.
- Before speaking anything important, spend 3-5 minutes imitating your favorite speech. This will get you in the groove.
See you tomorrow.
PS: Don't let your emails go to spam! If you haven't already, please add [email protected] to your email contacts. If you use Gmail, here's how to do it:
- Open Gmail on your Mac or PC.
- Click the Google apps button at the top-right (it's next to your account icon and looks like 9 dots).
- Click Contacts.
- At the top-left of the screen, click Create Contact.
- Enter [email protected], and click Save!